Back to Basics
2019 Change of Seasons
- Open to Michigan artists 18 years and older.
- Original works completed within the past two years and not previously exhibited in a Nuveen Center exhibition are eligible. Original implies work not taken from another artist’s work.
- Adult entries should be completed without the assistance of an instructor.
- Any medium is accepted.
- There is no theme or required subject matter.
- Due to wall space restrictions, a limited number of large pieces (50"x50") can be accepted.
Conditions and Liability:
- Accepted adult division artwork must remain on display at The Nuveen Center for the duration of the exhibit.
- All works in the adult division must be for sale.
- No “Price on Request” (POR) accepted.
- A 30% commission will be charged on all adult division artworks sold during the exhibit.
- ACWL-Nuveen takes every precaution to ensure the protection of artwork. However, we are not responsible for any loss or damage.
- Insurance is the responsibility of the artist.
- Registration grants ACWL permission to use images of submitted artwork for marketing and publicity purposes.
Framing and Labeling:
- Adult work must be properly framed with no exposed glass edges, wired, and ready to hang.
- No saw-tooth hangers accepted.
- Entry labels will be available at drop off. Firmly attache to the back of the entries, in the upper right corner at that time.
- For three-dimensional work, entry labels must be tied, taped or pinned securely to each piece.
- Unsuitably prepared work may be declined.
Submission Deadline: February 19, 5pm
Submission Instructions: Submit up to two works using our Online Application. If you need assistance call Chelsea at (231) 893-2524.
Application Fee: A application fee is due to complete entry of $25 for non-members and $15 for ACWL artist members. Within two days a invoice will be emailed to you with instruction to pay via paypal. To pay by check or cash stop by the Nuveen Center, 106 E. Colby St. Whitehall.
Juror Notification: February 23
Awards will be announced at the public reception.
1st Place Award $300
2nd Place Award $200
3rd Place Award $100
ACWL Award $100
Two Honorable Mention Ribbons
Artwork Pickup: April 23 and 24, 10-5pm
Any artwork left after May 15 will become the property of the ACWL.